Monday, March 22, 2010

WOW: A nifty new blog network

There's a new network in the blogiverse. I feel like it might be a good fit for me, and probably for you, too.

Words of Wisdom is "a place for bloggers who enjoy reading and writing great content to find each other." Its founders define great content as being thought-provoking or insightful, serious or humorous, on any topic...blog posts that make the reader stop and think and perhaps join the conversation with a well thought-out comment.

WOW was launched over the weekend. I was the 11th person to click "Follow," and as I write this there are 38. I suspect it's going to grow pretty quickly. Check it out, of you're so inclined.

It was from a member of WOW that I learned I missed some excitement last week at The Secret is in the Sauce. SITS tends to draw young moms, and it can be a great way to make new contacts, but it wasn't a good fit for me so I unsubscribed last week. At that very moment, The New York Times published its story on "mommy bloggers," featuring the Bloggy Boot Camp put on by SITS' founders. You can read Anita's take on the resulting controversy at A Woman, A Wife, A Mom.

Here's the NYT story: Honey, Don’t Bother Mommy. I’m Too Busy Building My Brand.

12 comments:

Emma said...

Very cool! I'm going to check this out. Thanks for sharing.

Allyson said...

Huh...well...I get the SITS email every morning and this past weekend was so insane, I just deleted them without even reading. And then I clicked over to the blog that your hyperlinked and she said there was a lot of drama going on over at SITS about it but when I click on SITS, it looked like business as usual. When it's not 1:30, I will read the NY Times article because I usually really enjoy their articles.

I'm still a member of SITS but only because I haven't actively searched out something that fits me better. I'm not a Mommy Blogger, so that's kind of weird...but I like the idea of WOW. I will add it to my list to check out. Thanks for the heads-up!! You are so full of useful info!

Kathy said...

That sounds wonderful! Thank you!

Pam said...

Thanks so much for blogging about WOW and lending us your support. We appreciate it and hope that you will find other great blogs to read and follow.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link Nancy :), I think WOW is going to to lead me to a plethora of new blogs to read.............yay, but I better be careful...ha ha.
I'm off to read more and get to know you a bit better, have a great day!

DJan said...

I went over there for a minute to look around, and then I stopped: what was I DOING? I already have as many blogs as I can possibly follow, and many of them are thoughtful and well written. It was almost as if my coffee klatch circle was in danger of becoming a house party! I'll take it easy over there... but thanks for the heads up.

Everyday Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing this. I'm interested in growing my network but I was getting a little tired of all the product reviews and mindless chatter a lot of the blogs I've been finding have been... this looks like a great place! I joined right away. Thanks for the heads up!

Kathy over at Everyday Bliss

Anonymous said...

Networks are the way forward; I know that. Problem for me is time, or lack thereof. I struggle to get in and do the blogs I follow justice with reading and commenting - adding another network probably isn't going to do me favours in that regard.

But as soon as there's more time, I'm all over it like a rash!

UberGrumpy said...

Thanks for the tipoff! Off I go...

Ms Sparrow said...

Thanks for informing me about the "secret societies" of bloggers. I always wondered how someone could garner hundreds of followers!

(By the way, if interested in "Mommy blogs", my friend Becca is a contributor to MOMICILLIN.)

Nancy said...

Thank you for the tip!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I joined also. Funny, I had copied the NYT article into a future blog post, like I'll get to that anytime soon. Should be fun to see how their blog proceeds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails