Tuesday, September 14, 2010

By the numbers

Lisa at Grandma's Briefs talks today about how the pressures of life sometimes come to be represented by a brace of numbers. She ends each post with a question, and today's is this: What numbers are currently causing you distress -- or elation?

I realized that numbers do express both my anxieties and my joys right now.

12.5...weeks until I retire.
20...hours a week I work until then. 
40...hours a week I spend doing daycare for the grands
3...major work projects I'm trying to finish
2...beautiful kids who bring me inestimable joy
6:45...the hour they arrive each morning
0...blog posts since a week ago.

and last but not least,
25...years with Peter; our anniversary comes up soon

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

You've got some good numbers up there. Eagerly awaiting the big ones.

You can do 12.5 weeks standing on your head. Then grands all the time!

DJan said...

Retirement is something I never expected to enjoy as much as I am. Blogging has given me an intellectual boost that I thought I'd leave behind in the workplace. But no, it's better than I anticipated. I hope yours is, too.

grammy said...

I so understand that exhausted thing... me to
I feel so fortunate that they don't come that early (o:
Like your number expression.

Jeanie said...

You've got some good numbers there, except for maybe the 6:45 a.m. thing. That 12.5 weeks will fly by. I am a little envious of that one, but I am getting there...toward the decision at least.

The mad woman behind the blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The mad woman behind the blog said...

When you break it down that way you knock the wind out of the monster at the door.

That was a metaphor nightmare.

Please don't let this be a reflection of your writing. Thank you for putting some perspective back into life, MINE!

sorry for the delete.

Nancy said...

Wow, only 12 more weeks until you retire! Yippee.

gayle said...

I know I have told you before but I just like repeating to you and my husband "I WANT TO RETIRE!!!!"

Jennifer McLean said...

I'm tagging you in an internet game of tag. You're "IT" now. hehehe.
just answer the same questions I did and choose some others to tag!
http://www.justaddwatersilly.com/2010/09/game-play.html

Best,
Jenn
*so glad to hear you got the parcel. I hope winter holds off and you can wait a little longer to try out your new scarf.* :o)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I've also been tagged by Jenn so thought I'd stop by to say hello. Nice to have met you, I've enjoyed visiting.

Deb Shucka said...

It's cool how a story emerges from numbers like this. Big congratulations on 25 years. I hope you have an amazing celebration planned.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails