Once upon a time we embarrassed Abby (who was 12) by kissing on national television. At the risk of embarrassing somebody, somewhere, I’m posting this Valentine’s Day message--just some of the reasons that my life is so much richer with you than it was before we met 25 years ago.
* You have made me a stronger person, little by little, time and again.
* With my influence, you have become mellower. In other words, we’ve each made the other a better person.
* You consider it part of your job to chat up my bosses about how talented and clever I am.
* You see how things can be and encourage me to do the same rather than complain about how things are.
* You understood from the beginning that happiness in our life together would depend on making good use of the little moments...taking time, appreciating one another’s company.
* Most of our Great Adventures originated as your visions--including saving the carousel, publishing the book, becoming diehard baseball fans, and, most recently, becoming Wild Rumpus Daycare for Grandkids Only.
* Your talents complement mine, and we do great work together.
* You like my sense of humor...especially the snide streak that I keep mostly off the record.
* We share a language based on pop culture and family jokes (these flowers, for example, will always be "bleeding-heart liberals").
* You share my love of figure skating and brag to your friends that I “let” you watch sexy women in scanty costumes doing seductive dance routines. On ice. In slow motion.
* In so many ways, you are the nurturer in our relationship.
* You think I’m beautiful.
Happy Valentine's Day. Love, Nancy